Sunday 21 July 2013

First Uni Project- Lighting


After starting university our first main project was focusing on lighting, and my theme at the start was going to be creating something environmentally friendly.

My may research was based around cardboard, how it had been used in the past, not just in lighting but also in a variety of ways. I particularly liked pieces that were using a ‘crisscross’ technique, and started to sketch and develop along these lines.

However some where along the process I changed my material to copper. Not only would it be stronger to use, but it would reflect the light, needing less power. As I was not aloud to use mains powered lighting.

Although I had worked a lot in light before I had never used Photoshop, so this project aloud me to learn a few new skills.  



No comments:

Post a Comment