Sunday 14 July 2013

Cutlery!!

Whilst doing the milk bottles I carried on doing more research into lighting, and I found myself begin particularly interested in pieces that are created with unusual items, such as milk bottles, cutlery or toys.

I found this lampshade made from cutlery, and decided start by making something similar.

I started by using plastic cutlery as I was unsure on how I was going to connect it all together. To make it I simply pierced the plastic and used fishing wire to tie it to a metal hope.

However once made I was glad that I had used plastic as the light slightly travels through the cutlery and showing the different thickness of the pieces. There is also an usual shadow coming out underneath, which I made stronger when experimenting with different colour.

I felt that I have got more areas that I can experiment with in the cutlery, and so carried this idea on further.



No comments:

Post a Comment